Something people tend to forget about is treating their homes for scabies as they think the mites are only on their body. In most cases scabies are dislodged from the skin from clothing and itching which you may be doing while you sleep. Not only can you dislodge scabies into your environment but you can spread them around to other areas of your body by itching them. Some common areas you likely may have dislodged scabies are places like your bed, furniture and areas you frequent lots daily. Here are some tips for getting rid of scabies in your home;
Treating your home for Scabies
- Steam clean all furniture and fabric items.
- Use Benzarid scabies products here all around your home as they kill scabies in your home. They have both scabies treatments for your body and treats for scabies in your home.
- Wash all linens, bedding and clothing in hot water.
- Get yourself some scabies mattress covers here.
- Wash down your home and de-clutter it.
- Place unused items into sealed containers or bags
- Seal all holes in flooring, baseboards, walls and foundation.
- Use Lysol sprays regularly on door handles and places you touch frequently day to day.
- Wear clean clothing each and every day.
- Place clothing and bedding in the dryer for 20 minutes before use.